Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Bellevue, WA

One of my last peices to take to Fremont. Thanks Retta-I finally used one of the salt bags!
Ok Jo-Do you lika? This old boat peice came off one of Bob and Jo Kay's boat somewhere-I don't know the whole story but I decided an old map was best suited for this salvage peice.


Just a simple project here-I used the last of one of my favorite crazy fabrics.

Yeah!!!! Lori labeling all of my shop hardware/junk. Thank you. Thank you Lori. I officialy have a shop that is all organized and I know where all of my tools are!!-


Frannie at the beach park in Kirkland last weekend.
She thinks she is a big kid and is not afraid to jump from high places.


Oscar talking to me while I'm snapping some random pictures.




As a lot of you know I have started a new job-teaching art K-8 in Bellevue, WA. I'm sad to leave my "Dilly Dally, rubbish redefined" business, but I hope to get back to it some day. I hope to post an occassional project being that creating is something I must do. ....and I know I will incorporate my reuse/recycle art into my art lessons at school.
So Oscar, Frannie, and Jimmy and I moved here to Bellevue last week. Thanks to Jimmy,Zak(a UW runner), and Kevin and Lori Kay we made a smooth transition from West Seattle to Bellevue. I can't even begin to show my gratitude to Jimmy, Lori and Kevin. Lori spent a few days here organizing my house as I do not even know where to begin when it comes to organizing. I like to stick to the fun decorating part. But as Lori showed me, getting organized makes it so much easier to live and especially with my new busy schedule I need as much organization as possible. Anyway-thanks you guys-I love you.
So this week the kids started their first full week of day care as I begin professional development week. The kids are doing great. Franki(my little fireball) is so excited to go to daycare=she says,"I play mom,""by mom." Oscar is my little homebody. Today I told him when he misses me to close his eyes and picture me giving him a hug-and I asked him,"do you feel my hug?"...He said I will mom. When I picked him up today had been struggling the last hour or two and said, "Mom I felt your hug today at nap time." I couldn't help but cry and squeeze him tight.-Its funny the things our kids remember. I didn't think he would remember me telling him that. Tonight we read, "SkippyJonJones" for the 20th time this week. If any of you get the chance to read this book-you should, its quite entertaining to parents as well!!
“Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway.” -John Wayne

2 comments:

Dan and Amanda said...

Hi again Katie! Dan does Facebook, but I don't. Sometimes it's hard to even get a blog entry in!!!!

Unknown said...

Hey hey, Katie Sweets! I miss you! I think I need a Katie fix soon. How about trying to plan on getting together some weekend day, possibly with Lori, and have some coffee and catch up?
I have a 5 day (yes! 5 DAYS) quilt retreat this month and am SO looking forward to it. It is over near the Hood Canal. I'm going with good quilt pal, Judy. It'll have about 50-60 women...being creative, laughing, getting to know others, eating, talking, eating and snacking, taking walks, joking, sharing stories, and sewing and mending and such. YEAH!
Anyway, please send me an email and give me your new address and your phone # (again, I know. I've been SO BAD this year with details of everyday living!)

Love ya and miss ya. Hugs to you, Frannie and Oscar. Hi to Jimmy!