Friday, June 12, 2009

A Bright Space






Our school is creating a "Bright Space" within an already exsisting non-profit organization to sponsor. It's a place where teenage moms can live for awhile while they get help with job/school and childcare. Aubree, a fellow teacher at my school,(above in the pic next to me) was the coordinator of this fabulous project. She and my administrators asked me to come paint a tree mural Mon/Tues of this past week(while my school got a sub for me-whahooo!!!). The circles on the tree will later have families/students names who contribute to the "Bright Space." Thank you to all of the wonderful ladies who helped paint the wooden circles!

“Whatever course you decide upon, there is always someone to tell you that you are wrong. There are always difficulties arising which tempt you to believe that your critics are right. To map out a course of action and follow it to an end requires courage.” -Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 comments:

Heather at Happy Chippy Junk said...

Cool, Hip and Modern!! Love it!

knack said...

looks so great, and for such a great purpose!

thanks so much for your comment on my blog today! xo

Broken Yet Grateful said...

Hey Katie, Have you ever made books with kids? Any ideas?